Mobile Catering Certificates

Mobile Catering Certificates

What is a CP44 gas safety certificate for mobile catering businesses?

This certificate is a document provided by a suitably qualified gas engineer. Its purpose is to prove that your mobile or outdoor catering business operates safe gas equipment and uses the equipment in a safe environment.

When do you need a CP44 mobile catering gas safety certificate?

If your catering business operates LPG (bottled gas) equipment in a mobile vehicle or outside location, you will require an annual CP44 gas safety certificate by law. Your vehicle and/or equipment will need to be inspected for gas safety by an engineer adequately registered with Gas Safe. You will not be able to operate commercially unless you can provide an event organiser with proof that your gas equipment and/or vehicle has been inspected and is gas safe.

How much does a mobile catering gas safety certificate cost?

You may find companies charge varying amounts for a mobile catering gas safety certificate. Firstly, it’s essential to make sure the company are appropriately qualified. Many companies charge a standard domestic LPG rate, which may seem like a great deal; however, they are often not qualified (or registered) to inspect your gas equipment. This means the gas certificate they supply will be invalid. A company properly registered with Gas Safe to provide a gas safety certificate for a mobile catering business will normally charge £200-250 (ex VAT).

Why is a mobile catering gas safety certificate so expensive?

The cost for a mobile catering gas safety certificate may seem expensive. However, there is a good reason to explain this. The gas engineer will have completed a vast array of difficult and expensive gas safety qualifications. They will have reached one of the highest levels of gas safety registration.

What qualification does a mobile catering gas engineer need?

As a mobile caterer, you’ll already appreciate the importance of LPG gas safety, but you might have noticed it can be tricky to find a gas engineer you trust. Some gas engineers have been known to bend the rules, so we’ll clear those rules up for you now.

-You must have all gas installation work done by a Gas Safe registered engineer, whether the work is domestic or commercial. The engineer must be registered with Gas Safe to provide mobile catering gas safety certificates.

-Mobile caterers must only use Gas Safe engineers who have mobile catering qualifications to work on their specific appliances (i.e. they can’t only be qualified to work on domestic LPG appliances)

-Gas engineers must be qualified in the field and product that they are working on. For example, to sign off an LPG griddle, the engineer needs to be qualified in “Mobile Catering Range Cookers LPG”. Where if the appliance is a range cooker inside a kitchen that runs on natural gas, then the qualification would need to be “Commercial Catering Range Cookers NG”

How often do I need a mobile catering gas safety certificate?

You must have your gas appliances checked at least annually and retain a gas safety certificate as proof. Some engineers will only issue certificates for six months if they consider your equipment to be at high risk of becoming unsafe through use. Gazebo traders’ equipment tends to be exceptionally high risk due to being connected and disconnected regularly.

If you would like a competitive quote for a mobile catering gas safety certificate, click here to be directed to the MHL website.

Related Posts

Commercial Heaters

Commercial Heaters

quick quote Commercial and industrial warehouse heaters Heating a large warehouse space can be difficult…Read more